Re: Keep Kenny Anderson!

>From: Gregory Hurst <gh18@juno.com>
>
>I really like Kenny Anderson and I probably am  the only one on the list
>that does not want to see him traded.  A healthy Kenny Anderson causes
>problems for defenses.

It's true that Kenny Anderson has a lot of talent and skills, but for
whatever reason, he's not the best fit for the Celtics.  No matter,
though: with his salary, he ain't going anywhere.

I've lived in Oregon and saw a lot of Anderson while I was there.
He's a complicated player -- like I said, he'll show you a lot of
talent, but he's not the player he was early in his career with New
Jersey.  The first ten games he with Boston are probably the best
games he'll play for the C's.  Maybe he felt more free because he
didn't know the system?  Anyway, a lot of criticisms I see on the
List (not pushing the ball, dribbling too much, not making the
somewhat dangerous pass, not a good defender) are classic Kenny
Anderson.  On the other hand, last season, I saw Kenny Anderson play
more defense than he did the last 4-5 years combined.  I didn't
always play it well, but he gave it some effort, and he _did_ make
some good defensive plays.

Kenny Anderson isn't the worst point guard for the Celtics, but he
isn't the best, either.  I think he _would_ benefit from having a
big, tough, defensive-minded backup to go up against in practice.
Who guards him in practice now?  Dana?  Whether it be a a rookie or
veteran, we need a capable backup point, now.  Please, Red, let it be
someone better than the Alvin Williams and Haywoode Workmans of the
world.

Regards,

Bill