Moves in the making ?

Some interesting rumors

http://www.sportstalk.com/nba/rumors/

Detroit gets decidely better, Orlando exodus underway - According to the Detroit News: The Bulls weren't the only ones sweating out the frenetic Free Agency. You try replacing a Grant Hill. But in a major step forward, the Pistons received a firm oral commitment from Orlando Magic free agent Chucky Atkins and a tentative commitment from his teammate, Ben Wallace. Expect some more movement here, as the Pistons are now even more absurdly loaded at the power forward spot with Christian Laettner, Jerome Williams, and the overpaid and underused Loy Vaught. Look for a possible package involving Lindsey Hunter, an Atkins clone, which would give the always affable Mateen Cleaves more minutes and something else to smile about.   Pistons Rant

Is Croshere Worth It?  According to the Boston Globe, GMs Shaking Their Head at Celtics Infatuation With Austin Croshere. Writes Peter May, "You want Croshere? The same Croshere who averaged 10.3 points a game in his ''breakout'' season after appearing in 53 games his first two years? The same Croshere who has trouble defending forwards? Then be prepared to say goodbye to Antoine Walker or Paul Pierce. There's no other way he comes to Boston unless he pulls a financial nutty and accepts the $2.25 million exception. The only other option is a sign-and-trade deal. Indiana is on record as not wanting to do that, but, if it comes to that, who are they going to take? Walter McCarty? Calbert Cheaney? Donnie Walsh's mother didn't raise a stupid son." According to May, not one executive source he talked to would swap Walker for Croshere, he's just not that good. Pitino has insisted all along he didn't want to trade Walker, but the Celtics agressive pursuit of Croshere leads us to think otherwise.  What do they see that the rest of us don't . . . maybe the fact that he was drafted by Larry Bird is blinding them to his defensive liabilities? Celtics Rant

Dee Brown's going down to Orlando, for good
- According to the Orlando Sentinel: NBA vet and former Slam-Dunk champ Dee Brown hails from Jacksonville, FL, and has spent the last 8 summers in Orlando and wondering what could be. And now with former teammate Tracy McGrady heading south, Brown shouldn't be far behind. Add to the Florida fun and sun the fact that Brown may still be a bit bitter about being inexplicably benched a few times last season. And Brown says he has no plans to return to Toronto, except to clean out his apartment, that is. 'I won`t be there very long this time. I`m not planning to stay.' Simplifying the numbers game, Brown will wait until the Magic sign everyone else, then take the NBA minimum, which Orlando can offer even when they're over the salary cap. The minimum for a 10-year veteran is $1 million, which along with Orlando's bright future, should be enough to make Brown happy. 'I`d love to play here. Doc [Rivers] knows that. John [Gabriel] knows that. I`ve said that for a long time,' Brown said. Brown is just in time to replace a departing Chucky Atkins (see below). -Magic Rant -- Raptors Rant

Could we swap Fortson for Donyell Marshall straight up & then sign Mercer or Wahad with the exception ?

VP Battie Blount
Walker/Moiso
Marshall/Griffen
Pierce Wahad or Mercer
Anderson ? Sanchez ?

Getting Marshall or Garrity would give us depth at the 3. Marshall rebounded well last year, maybe he can play the 4 moving AW to the 3 spot creating low post problems for defending 3's ?  Portland took advantage of Kobe down low with Bonzi Wells.

Move Anderson and bring in Pepe Sanchez to distribute the ball, we do not need  lot of scoring at the point.

GIF image