Re: Summer League player bios

In a message dated 7/13/00 8:12:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jaimsite@edsamail.com.ph writes:

<< Hello, Joe and Thndrblt.  I am happy to see Silas Mills(two time
Philippine Basketball Assoc. import reinforcement..he was supposed to get
back here until the Celts called him up) got invited to the celtics current
camps.  I would be more delighted to see his name on the roster because I
know this player can play tough basketball.  He is a 3 and could play 2 and
even the point.  I could compare this guy to a Doug Christie but with
tremendous intensity and desire to win.  He has range and can really soar.
All avid PBA watchers wouldn't forget his thunderous dunks, especially
everyones favorite where he took off one foot after the free throw line and
jammed the ball with TWO HANDS against another import player(Chris King- a
former Grizzly) and ONE! One aspect he's also remembered here in the
Philippines,because of his intensity, is his picking up technical fouls every
game.  He didn't back off any fights against defending players who got his
goat...   He use to average 40pts a game in his first tour of duty here and
when he came back his scoring dipped to a 32pts/g due to the fact that all
the teams playing against him double team on him whenever he receives the
ball at half court or on post ups.

 But the one thing I really like about this guy was his ability to lead and
inspire his teammates.  One time in the semifinal round, he sufferred a
severe ankle sprain and so the physician told him to sit out the next game.
But come the crucial game, he suited up and played his heart out despite
runnin around with a fresh 2 day old sprain!  His team ended up winning the
game and he tallied 37 points 8rebs and 4 assists. We could only hope
Pervis...(and Pierce? ----- 2-3 weeks disabled due to sprain) had this
attitude in them! >>

Jaims, thanks for the information on Mills.  These are the kinds of thing
that we'd never know from watching people play.  This team needs a player
like Mills who can take charge and inspire the team.  Kind of like how Mario
Elie ripped apart Duncan and helped charge up the Spurs during their
championship season.  I'd love to see him do something like that to Walker,
Anderson, and Pierce.  If he doesn't make the team, then maybe we can get
Elie instead. :)

When you compared him to Doug Christie, does this mean that Mills is also a
good defensive player like Doug?

Thndrblt31