Re: Re: Summer League player bios

yeah but the guy's that mill's played against in the philippines are about
the same level as high school fellas in the states.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jaime S Castillo, Jr. <jaimsite@edsamail.com.ph>
To: <owner-celtics@igtc.com>; <Thndrblt31@aol.com>; Celtics
<celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Summer League player bios

> Hello, Joe and Thndrblt.  I am happy to see Silas Mills(two time
Philippine Basketball Assoc. import reinforcement..he was supposed to get
back here until the Celts called him up) got invited to the celtics current
camps.  I would be more delighted to see his name on the roster because I
know this player can play tough basketball.  He is a 3 and could play 2 and
even the point.  I could compare this guy to a Doug Christie but with
tremendous intensity and desire to win.  He has range and can really soar.
All avid PBA watchers wouldn't forget his thunderous dunks, especially
everyones favorite where he took off one foot after the free throw line and
jammed the ball with TWO HANDS against another import player(Chris King- a
former Grizzly) and ONE! One aspect he's also remembered here in the
Philippines,because of his intensity, is his picking up technical fouls
every game.  He didn't back off any fights against defending players who got
his goat...   He use to average 40pts !
> a game in his first tour of duty here and when he came back his scoring
dipped to a 32pts/g due to the fact that all the teams playing against him
double team on him whenever he receives the ball at half court or on post
ups.

> But the one thing I really like about this guy was his ability to lead and
inspire his teammates.  One time in the semifinal round, he sufferred a
severe ankle sprain and so the physician told him to sit out the next game.
But come the crucial game, he suited up and played his heart out despite
runnin around with a fresh 2 day old sprain!  His team ended up winning the
game and he tallied 37 points 8rebs and 4 assists. We could only hope
Pervis...(and Pierce? ----- 2-3 weeks disabled due to sprain) had this
attitude in them!

> This admiration of mine would turn to waste though if he'd turn into a
Tony Harris(remember him,guys???), a former celtic free agent acquisition.
For the people in this list who already forgot about Tony "the Hurricane"
Harris, Tony Harris was a historic figure here in Philippine Basketball.  He
is most remembered for his 105pts explosion in one game.  His career average
here in the Philippines in points is around 50/g. Filipino bkball fans were
very excited after he got a 2nd week contract signing with the Celtics
because all of us thought he'd do all the scoring he'd done here...but he
only became a scrub time player.  Averaged only 2pts/g and 1asst/g and if i
can remember he wasn't given the next contract til the end of the season,
cutting short his dream.  What a bummer for Filipino fans too!!!

> So now, all of bkball fans are holding their breaths and wouldn't count
the chicks before they're hatched for Silas Mills.  We just hope he'd make
the cut into the final roster and also hope he'd help the team to WIN...a
word celtics players, coach, and fans are foreign of now...strange but true.