Re: Fortson for Mashburn

Fortson for Mashburn is a great idea, but I don't think it will happen.
Here's why: First, Riley is a guy who appreciates the less obvious values of
a player-he dearly loved P.J. Brown, despite his pedestrian scoring and
rebounding averages. That's because P.J. is a guy who plays great post
defense and sacrifices completely for the team. Fortson isn't a good enough
defender to play for Riley. Secondly, on first thought, I'd say McGrady
plays shooting guard for Miami with Mash still at SF. Now, that changes if
Riley now uses his $2 mill exception on J.R. Rider (A. Carter was the other
option).

If Riley fills out his lineup with Rider and McGrady, that certainly makes
Mashburn expendable and probably the bait for a legit power forward
(something we don't possess). I'd expect a Mashburn-to-Philly for Ty Hill
rumor.

I had the same thought when I heard the McGrady news, though. Mashburn
really would be a nice addition if it cost you anyone other than Walker or
Pierce. I just don't see a match, though.

Mark