Re: Fortson for Mashburn

>From: MetNut9@aol.com
>
>With the prospect of McGrady going to the Heat, and PJ Brown and Anthony
>Carter going to Toronto. That leaves the Heat with two  starting small
>forwards. McGrady will start, that leaves Mash on the pine. With PJ Brown
>going in the deal, there goes the starting power forward. So why not a
>Fortson and cap trash for Mash?

I think Pitino would do this in a heartbeat. I like it, too.  We give up a
rebounding stud, but if we're going to be pressing this year, Fortson will
simply not fit in anyway.  In return we get one of Pitino's all time
favorites, who knows the headless-rabid-chicken-soup defense as well as
anyone and can score as well.  I suppose the cap filler would have to be not
too bad a contract, say Dana (1 year left) instead of Eric.  Then Pitino
could go get Mark Jackson and he'd have veterans in the locker room who
support him completely.

Jim