Re: The Fort & Free Agents

>  > >From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>
>As I recall, Fort had great difficulty remembering the plays as well.  There
>were reports that he is dyslexic.  But I agree that toward the end he played
>better.

I think I saw the same reports about Fortson's learning disability.
(One thing that I wonder about that is, couldn't Danny have learned
the plays by going through them in practice rather than reading about
them?  What I mean is, if a guy has dyslexia, then maybe you need to
find alternate ways to get the information he needs across to him.
For all I know, though, that's exactly what happened.)

Anyway, your point is a good one, Cecil -- I think Danny's dyslexia
was a factor in getting him into the flow of the team, and his
injury, too -- but even taking in account those points, the questions
remain (for me) Why not play him more in the latter part of the
season when these mitigating factors were worked out, and why pick
him up at all if you're not going to use him?  (And, can't you get
more for him than Alvin Williams or nothing if you do have to let him
go?)

Regards,

Bill
--