Re: Ben Pepper???

Originally he was planning to be in it on the request of the Celtics, at
this period of time I have not heard anything.....

If he does attend summer league do not and I repeat do not expect him to
get anywhere near making the team if we're going to be a successful team
in the upcoming season.

Pepper is raw and athletic and is not afraid to bang around inside,
expend energy and generally tends to play better against the better
players. He may well be improved significantly enough to earn a place on
the team in 2001-2002, but with at least one lottery pick (and at worst
one lottery pick and a pick soon thereafter (say, 14 to 17 range) then
he will probably miss out again. At this stage he (while I like to
believe he has the "potential") is not up to NBA standard and will not
be in the near future. Had he not broken his hand in the past NBL season
then that could have changed, but the fact is he did and missed out on a
significant opportunity to further advance  turning the potential into
reality.