>I probably should lay off Pitinocchio. He works really hard, he respects
>Celtics tradition and he has been a very successful and innovative coach.
>It just isn't working out. I don't enjoy watching this style of play and
>the total absence of skill and teamwork development by the players as the
>seasons progress.

I don't think you should necessarily lay off Il Duce.  There's
certainly a lot of aspects to criticize, and if you've got a few that
are different than mine, that's OK, too.  Works hard?  You bet.
Respects C's tradition?  Maybe -- wonder what he thought of selling
off the old floor?  Dissing the B'nai B'rith?  Successful and
innovative?  Yeah, but if he's not successful with the Celtics then I
couldn't care less.  So he won a few games for the Knicks -- big
deal.  His college career is impressive, but the C's don't play in a
college league.

You're right about it not working out, though -- it surely hasn't so
far.  It's really all about winning, though.  The defense looks
disgustingly without purpose, and we can't seem to _not_ leave
shooters open on the outside, who, as a result, will explode for
career-highs against us.  Meanwhile, Pitino is yelling at players to
play "defense" or "rebound" a second or two after the action in
question is performed, or the opportunity for it to be performed has
long since past.  But -- if things were going well and the team was
winning, you'd hear a lot less complaining.

Of course, it _could_ be that the losing is a result of Pitino alone,
but I don't think it's that simple.  Last year was the first year I
got to see all of the games.  There were rarely games where the Celts
didn't show what they were capable of.  The problem was they usually
had some sort of breakdown to counteract that, and, thus, gave up big
leads, or forgot to pass the ball, or left shooters open, or
whatever, and so they lost.  The potential (sorry) was there, though,
which means that, although it's not definate that Boston will start
wining regularly, it _does_ mean that it's possible.  After the M.L.
years, I'll take that, for a while.  For one more year, to be
precise.  Turn it around in the next year, I'd say (if I were in
charge), or take a hike.  Don't let the door hit your ass on the way
out.  Vaya con dios, muchacho.  Then I'd sell the franchise to Larry
Bird and get out of his way.  Oh, if only I could inherit the Celtics
franchise, too.

Regards,

Bill