Please, Rick, have something up your sleeve!

I am most definitely hoping that Rick does not give Fortson for Childs.  This makes the Knicks even better.  Trade Fortson west, if you must trade him at all!  I hope Rick has a trick up his sleeve.  Rick must know that Pat Riley is paying attention to this rumor.  Maybe Riley would like to have Fortson for himself, thus improving the lowpost of Miami, and keeping NY in check.  Rick, pick up the phone and talk Riley into handing over something good and cheap(Hardaway's backup?  He had a good playoff season).  Next summer's draft is expected to be very good.  If we trade, trade for picks.  If not for picks, for capspace to bring in someone good.  Many good players are available for discount.  We can work something in order to be able to offer more than the 2.25 mil exception other teams will use.  We have quality players that can entice other teams.  Walter, Tony, and Danny probably interest many teams.  I'm sure plenty of guys (like I mentioned before:  Cuttino Mobley, Miami's backup point, even Rashard Lewis) would come to Boston for 4 mil each.  Getting to play alongside Walker and Pierce is still a sales pitch that sells.

iWon.com       http://www.iwon.com     why wouldn't you?