Re: BSG reports Walker trade in works

>From: "R. Bentz Kirby" <bocelts@usit.net>
>This is why people like Ron need a lawyer instead of an agent.  A lawyer
>would never have let him walk away from $6mm a year!!!!

Spoken like a true Lawyer!

You could say we'd have been better off just waiting with Mercer, and he'd
be looking at Fortson Money ($4m) right now.  Of course it would have been
difficult to unload him for even the 1st rounder that we got, but we did
have to take Eric's really awful contract.  It's hard to say who won in all
of this, if anyone.  One thing I'm becoming more and more convinced of,
though, is that Paul M was the only one who had this right from the
beginning.  Fortson is a tenacious rebounder, no doubt, but he is too short
and slow to play good enough defense to help this team.  Rebounding is
great, but at the expense of defense, on an already weak defensive team, it
just doesn't help.

Jim