Re: I Like BSG's Chicago Trade The Best

    The only reason I'd support this trade as a fan is because it
results in a genuinely pathetic team on paper (which, in turn, means
Pitino gets fired AND we have more ping pong balls in the next draft).
In either scenario, you are creating a team of 10.0 ppg scorers plus
Paul Pierce (or Pierce and Mercer co-ballhoggin' in the first scenario).
Teams like this with only one scorer have to defend like crazy (like
Orlando last crazy, or Atlanta the year before) just to be mediocre,
non-playoff teams.  But the names listed below are neither extra
athletic nor intimidating. Nor are they veterans who know how to play
(and play together). This is a recipe for a unwatchable, boring and
probably horrible team.

    BTW, Croshere's development as a confident and reasonably productive
NBA scorer (nothing else so far or likely ever) owes a lot to coaching.
Bird was ridiculed for drafting such an unathletic player that high, but
he's coached him and Jalen Rose into good basketball players. If
Croshere had spent his first three pro years under the ranting
headless-rubber-chicken outbreak system (last year's Celts season
highlight video should be titled "Poultry in Motion"), he might be out
of the league by now.

****