Re: orlando deals

FWIW you may mean Kenny Walker from Kentucky, third overall in Len Bias and Brad
Daugherty's draft year (was it Pitino who drafted him?). Darrell Walker was an
NBA all-defensive combo guard with the Knicks etc. I believe.

Personally I think Kenyon Martin could be a steal anywhere after the tenth pick,
but a potential "el busto" anywhere in the top five. He's maybe somewhere
between having a Jerome Williams and Othella Harrington type impact in a few
years, based on work ethic. He's nothing near a Camby-type college impact player
in a similar role. Cincy hasn't yet produced a lot of great pros from all the
McDonald's All American's they've recruited this decade, which makes it easier
to make this facile judgement. Kenny Satterfield is probably a better prospect
than Van Exel, which shows you how deep that team is on paper, so Martin's
team-leading numbers may be even better than they look.

If you added up all my predictions in the past, I'd take everything with a grain
silo of salt. I thought Brand was a limited athlete (at least I loathed the
Charles Barkley comparisons), Raef had "McHale" skills, Steve Francis was not a
go-to guy and of course now this whole Fortson thing. I thought he was born to
wear the Celtics uniform and that this (and the miraculous Adrian Griffin)
marked the return of tradition and something really special.

-----