Re: Attendance

>Toine needs to get over this prima donna thing.  He fusses with the
>refs, holds the ball and won't give it to them, whines when he doesn't
>get a call, pouts on the bench during time outs, etc. and ends up with a
>T because the refs just got tired of his act.  If he plays like this at
>home, I can see why he brings out the boo birds when he doesn't play
>well.  Not that there is an excuse for booing your own player at home,
>but he needs to grow up, quit expecting the game to revolve around him,
>and the respect from the officials will come.  Even on a bad night like
>last night, his physical talent is evident.  As I am typing this, I am
>thinking, man, could they get John Havlichek (sp?) to come in and give
>Toine tutoring on attitude and sportsmanship.  If Toine would approach
>the game with John's attitude, the calls would come.  And he is getting
>mauled inside and should be getting the calls.  I mean, my God, Coleman
>got 8 free throws, Miller gets 9 and Toine gets 0?  No wonder he was
>frustrated and clearly he is on some kind of unspoken, "don't give Toine
>the call list", but he has to change that with his attitude.  The refs
>simply aren't going to give it to him as long as he thinks it is his
>world and all revolves around him.
>
>But, the strange thing was, his play wasn't selfish as he made some nice
>passes and generally did not force shots.  It was his attitude with the
>refs that was very obvious.

I said  basically the same thing the other night to thunderous agreement
from my fellow listers.
Maybe with Toine's talent comes stubbornness. He continues to do the full
court coast to coast thing where he loses the ball 90% of the time. He also
refuses to apply fakes in the paint when he is in close, allowing himself
to get blocked a lot. I guess as long as he gets his shot attempts  he
doesn't mind shooting 40%.