Re: Front Office HElp???

    I believe that Bird will one day "come home to roost". I can't picture him
anywhere but Boston, and he's still in his mid-40s so it seems unlikely he'll
retire to fishing and golf in and around French Lick. Bird was born to compete
and he personifies Boston Celtics basketball.

    I'd look for at least a full year of R&R and then let Bird's own natural
competitive flames draw him back to Beantown, hopefully along with DJ, Harter,
Rick Carlisle etc.  I'm sure he's as disgusted/bemused by the lack of
fundamentals on the current Celtics team as anyone else familiar with the game.
Despite the fact that the Pacemakers simply are not a very impressive basketball
team in terms of talent, I'll bet Bird is still hurt that his team finally lost
to ours for the first time. No doubt his old pal Walton gives him a hard time for
losing to the NBA's 29th place defensive team. Those guys are purist snobs who
think winning basketball doesn't necessarily require 4 hours of sleep per night
by the head coach, cram video sessions in-and-out the ears of the players,
sideline screeching and nagging, or hiring a few extra assistant coaches and
other hangers-on. The only "Red" who ought to have the Boston coach's ear should
not be a semi-literate janitor with a "Jersey" prefacing it.

****