Re: Los Angeles Box Score

>From: opi@unesco.org
>
>1) I don't particularly mind Paul Pierce forcing shots ever since his
>return from the ankle injury (he's shooting .393 in nine games despite
>leading the Celts in scoring for five straight games and counting). In the
>end, this is far preferable IMO to Pierce's rookie season when he showed a
>worrying tendency to disappear following his similar injury.

When you put it that way, I have to agree with you.

>2) Meanwhile, Fortson slumped to a wretched 3-4 shooting last night (he
>came into the game shooting .762 from the floor). No wonder why he only got
>14 minutes despite just one personal foul and three offensive caroms among
>his five rebounds. ;-)

Fortson's problem at this point is conditioning.  He capped off a very nice
stint in the first half last night with a pretty ball fake to the lane and
spin baseline for a hook that looked better than just about any move any
Celtic has made from the low post in the last two and a half years.  As he
walked to the sidelines in the ensuing timeout, he looked to me like he was
going to puke.  He was probably only in there for four or five minutes,
tops.  His minutes will come when he gets in shape, and he will play well.
It is extremely encouraging that he has already started to cut down on the
fouls.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned this morning was Vitaly's thunderous
slam on the wing of a fast break!  Did anyone else leap off the sofa and
yell "Bring it down V, rock the rim!"?

Jim