Re: Griz Maul Celts: Vancouver (?) 111- Boston 103

I'm not encouraging the players to leave. I actually like the players.

This may sound naive, but even if these guys weren't the Celtics I would STILL
root for them as a team (provided they weren't wearing Laker uniforms naturally).
I just don't want to see the team broken up so we can see the return of stringbean
potential shotblocking centers who are a "weight-room away" along with better
Pitino-style athletes like Waltah out on the perimeter. I see our young players as
a part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Joe

p.s. On reflection I can imagine how deeply negative my post may sound to folks
who just want to be faithful Celts fans and read this list only as a resource for
news and useful game insights. Bentz, you are certainly intelligent enough to
ignore my posts if you wish. I'm sure you must hear a whole lot of wilder stuff as
an experienced attorney. But the last two games were near blowouts against teams
with a combined 13-50 record. Gimmeabreak, Bentz!! :-)  What do you want me to do?

I've decided to stick up for the players, not for the coach. Maybe other NBA
coaches would also give 12 minutes in backup center playing time to last year's
fourth leading rebounder. Maybe other NBA coaches would have a 290 pound center
front opposing big men instead of finally playing straight-up defense. I don't
know. I just know we are allowing .470FG% on the season and getting beaten by
teams with inferior talent. And I'm not nearly as easy come, easy go about the
Celts as I am about the stock markets or whatever.

****

****