Re: OUCH!

>Why do you resent Fortson so much? It seems that his every foul, turnover,
>or missed shot is cause for your venomous celebration. Despite the very
>difficult cimcumstances he's had to play in, he gives every ounce of effort
>when he's on the court.

Hey, I admitted he could rebound, what more do you want? OK, I was being a
bit harsh. But what really pisses me off now is knowing that of all the
"bruisers" around Ricky picks up "Shorty" for Ron Mercer! Now, I know,
nobody knows what the Celtics could've gotten for Ron, and it's all in the
past, and it's easy to criticize now, blah, blah, blah.....but I can't help
but think that Mercer's value at the time of the trade was pretty high.
Danny Fortson? And it's not like Ricky didn't know that the guy was a one
dimensional rebounder. It's just really frustrating seeing the likes of
Battie, McCarty, Fortson and Williams on the court knowing that none of
them has any value in the NBA, that they're probably here for the rest of
their lives, and that there's nobody to blame for this nightmare but Ricky.
And the worst thing about it is that at one time I bet Ricky actually
thought McCarty, Battie and Fortson could be effective DEFENDERS in the
NBA. He probably also had some weird vision of them coming off the bench
and actually scoring! And if that's true, as I suspect, then Ricky has no
idea what the hell is going on. And he's actually considering extending
Fortson!?!  God, please,...take the ice pick out of my forehead! Just
another worthless player on the bench for years to come! Walker and Pierce,
that's it. Walker was here and Pierce was a gift. And the cruel irony is
that one of those two players (Or perhaps both, who knows?) might be traded
in the offseason. They can actually play, and unlike the guys who are going
to spend the rest of their miserable carreers in green, they aren't an
embarrassment! Walker and Pierce can actually help a team win games! Ricky
got Fortson because he thought Danny could actually be the bruiser to help
the frontcourt compete physically. He obviously can't! He's worthless! He
tries hard, he's a nice guy, but it's just another bad move by Pitino who
just seems to have no idea what kind of talent he needs to compete in the
NBA. Or if he actually gets it now, it might be a little too late. Better
late than never?

Are they actually going to re-sign "Shorty?"

Paul M.