RE: Fortson, Celts talk contract

Personally this entire Fortson episode underscores the entire future potential of this team IMO.

We bungled the Mercer pick (?) dumping him for a 2nd tier player like Fort, with EW to boot and possible pick, then we bungle the Fort trade for sure and now we wonder if and how to sign him to another killer long-term deal like Battie, McCarty etc.

Does anyone really se Fort playing big minute on a championship Celtics team, and if not why in the hell would we want him around at near any cost?  A champ team is not going to play anymore than 9-10 deep and no one can afford multi-million dollar 11/12th men, save for maybe the Blazers.

Again unless he is going to contribute near 20 minutes a game in a 7th game then let him go where ever the hell he wants and let's figure out we stock the team with the best mix of players at the right cost.  Easier said than done I know, but you got start somewhere.

Have a good one, folks.
Greg