yeah, but ...

ESPM wrote this under "Five players we really thought would move on:"

                       Danny Fortson: The Celtics actually traded
Fortson, the rebounder they so desperately need
                       but can't play because Antoine Walker is there,
to Toronto for Alvin Williams. Then, they
                       voided the deal because the Boston press grilled
them in the papers, using Williams' tricky
                       knee as an out. Fortson could have helped a
number of contenders, like the Knicks and
                       Lakers, but Boston didn't pull the trigger.
Strange.

How strange is it if the only offers we were getting were John Wallace
and whatever trash the Lakers were offering? (Or maybe Rick is just
wising up after treating every previous trading deadline as a Shriner's
swap meet? Maybe he heard his players saying, 'We want continuity.')