Well ...

Man, I can't remember a trade deadline so quiet. And for this I've been
obsessing? Wonder if anything will be announced later, but I would think
it would have slipped out by now if that were the case.

Overall, I think Pitino did the right thing. As Wallace himself said,
nobody he was likely to get in exchange for Danny would help as much
down the stretch as he probably can if given the minutes. (I think the
fact that people like Rider, Taylor, Austin, etc. didn't move
demonstrates that nobody was really willing to give up quality.) I'm not
even sure any of the deals that were kicked around on this list, eg
Derek Anderson, would have made that much difference even if they had
been possible. The problem will come if Fortson walks at the end of the
season, but in a way that is preferable to getting some stooge like
Alvin Williams just to not end up empty-handed.

If I were Fortson, no way I would re-up with a team that tried to ship
me off (even though Pitino was very diplomatic about it). But I'm sure
dollars and cents will make a big part of the decision. We can certainly
pay him more ... or he may leave for a lower offer anyway if he thinks
he's going to a competitive team.