Quiet deadline

That was a really strange trading deadline. The way I read it was,
there really wasn't too much interest in what's left of the rookie
class of '97. No surprise because it really was a bad year, beyond
Duncan.

So we're going with what we have for the rest of the year. Even if
the intention was to blow up the team, it makes sense to wait until
the offseason when Walker's base-year status improves and teams
start talking draft-day trades. I'm glad to see that Fortson wasn't
shipped away for nothing. I still think that he'll average a
double-double, or very close, when he's given 20+ minutes per game.
Whether that leads to more wins for us remains to be seen. But it
would be nice to see the type of team we envisioned during the
offseason - more physical and better rebounding - just to have an
identity. Instead of "sometimes we're sort of halfcourt, sometimes
we're sort of uptempo, sometimes we press." I think any consistent
identity would be an improvement.

Alex