Get a pick for Pervis, at least!

I don't know why we can't at least get a pick for Pervis.  It
seems to me that mid-first rounders are increasingly valuable
these days.  For the last few years, all the morons who write
about basketball have been decrying the folly of drafting teenagers
Meanwhile, every teenager that's been drafted has turned into a
star!  First they said that KG was a unique, case but that Kobe
would flop.  Once Kobe became the most exciting talent in the league
they said it about Tracy McGrady.  Judas Preist, even Jermaine O'
Neil is considered untouchable by the blazers now.  I can't think
of anybody who has washed out other than Leon Smith and Taj
McDaniel, who no scouts saw potential in anyway.  These teens
are the way to go, obviously, and only the mighty power of received
wisdom could keep you from seeing that.  But GMs are waking up,
and this draft might be the last one in which a great schoolboy talent
goes later than the lottery.
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division