Re: Get a pick for Pervis, at least!

Well, the price of the pick would be taking on a bad contract of
some sort. And then you get to develop your new high school talent
on the bench for four years while he gets disgruntled about
playing time. Then if he's any good, you have to pay him $71M
assuming he doesn't take off to a warmer city.

With that said, it has paid off with Garnett and Kobe. McGrady,
I'm not so sure about. If Toronto loses him, it's not so great;
they spent a #9 pick on him and really didn't get that much
production. But the new rookie contracts make it more palatable.
Still, none of the really successful guys went outside the top 10,
and I don't think we get a lottery pick for Pervis.

Alex