Re: Mavs : Fortson was discussed b4 signing Rodman

> Nellie's "far down [Boston's] list" comment is interesting. Didn't
> Pitino say this summer that Nelson won't be hearing from the Celtics
> again for a long time, after Nelson went public with the Mercer for
> Samaki offer? If so, then this is really getting kind of petty.

I doubt that you are reading this right. Dallas is probably "far down
the list" because there are other, more interesting discussions from
other teams, rather than some sort of petty spitefulness from Pitino.

In terms of actual discussions, I've heard that the Mavs owner wants
Nelson to clear salary space for the upcoming offseason. From looking
at their roster, a more reasonable goal would be 2001. I'd say that
Steve Nash is probably quite available; he's been a disappointment
for his $36M contract although he seems to be playing better this
year, mostly as a backup. I don't think he makes sense to us as a
very high-paid backup to Anderson though.

Alex