Re: Mavs : Fortson was discussed b4 signing Rodman

Hi Alex:

I don't know what the salary cap implications are, but I assume the Celts
might express interest in 6-8 Gary Trent (whose rebounding and blocks have
tumbled by nearly half this year and who seems dangerously disinterested
in the game in general) or maybe 6-5 Hubert Davis (number one in NBA
3-point percentage at .526 despite a high number of attempts per game).

I agree Nowitzki is a pretty sad defender so far.

Not that I support it, but I wouldn't hurl myself off the B.U. bridge if
the Celts did a Bradley for Fortson swap (hopefully VP and the rest of our
guys would offset Bradley's general wimpiness).

Robert Pack is a solid veteran but a bit small and a bit old relative to
what Pitino might be seeking in a backup to Kenny.

Maybe all that Nellie's offering is Leon Smith. :-)

If you really use your imagination (Michael Finley, Kenny A., Pierce,
Pack, draft picks etc. etc.), Dallas does in fact offer a fair number of
trade scenarios. Well, I guess you can say that about any team.

****