Re: Mavs : Fortson was discussed b4 signing Rodman

Kevin Lok wrote:

> http://basketball.dallasnews.com/mavs/33963_MAVLEDE20.html
>
> Another player who could have filled that void is
> Boston's very available Danny Fortson, who holds
> widespread appeal because of his rebounding skills
> and the fact that his contract expires at season's
> end.
> Nelson admits that the Mavericks have discussed a
> Fortson trade, but added that "we're pretty far
> down [Boston's] list." That's even though the
> Celtics are seeking backcourt help, and few teams
> are as deep at guard as Dallas.
> <snip>

Nellie's "far down [Boston's] list" comment is interesting. Didn't
Pitino say this summer that Nelson won't be hearing from the Celtics
again for a long time, after Nelson went public with the Mercer for
Samaki offer? If so, then this is really getting kind of petty.