Re: The Orlando Sun-Sentinel

Jim Meninno wrote:

> >From: opi@unesco.org
> >
> >The Orlando Sun Sentinel article that Kevin Lok first posted is worth
> >exerpting to the list  again IMO. It reallly demonstrates one of the
> >occasional bad habits Rick Pitino has of making excuses and passing the
> >buck -- more often than not about the deficiencies of individual players --
> >but also onto his own executives in this case.
>
> I disagree.

The part that grabbed me was the "Chris Wallace, HIS staff, and myself (emphasis
is mine)".

I have no reason to doubt it is Wallace who mucks around for most trade
possibilities and maybe even proposes the vast majority of them. But I thought
the people who voted on trades were Pitino, Wallace and the assistant coaches
(Jim O'Brian and the like).

If that's the case (or even if it weren't), Pitino's "his staff" comment (as
opposed to the "rest of my staff" or simply "my staff") sounds like a conscious
effort to distort reality. Everyone including Wallace's purported "staff" answer
to Pitino.

Unless it was a misquote, of course.

***