Re: that's it?

Elgin W Booth wrote:

> We almost all agree that this was a horrible trade. Danny Fortson alone is
> worth much more than Alvin Williams and Sean Marks. This trade might have
> been better if we had at least gotten a 1st round pick!! I don't see how
> Pitino didn't demand more than what we got. We should of at minimum get a
> 1st round pick from this deal.

What do you base that on?

Being the fourth leading rebounder in a season that was ruined for a lot of
teams and players when in reality he would not have gotten such an opportunity
had their starting center not hurt himself?

The second that Danny injured his foot was the second that his trade value
plummetted from being the fourth leading rebounder to being just another
rebounder who may have a lot of trouble fitting into the league with the new
rules, a player who has already had a major injury to a part of the body that
is absolutely vital in what he does best - he was and still is damaged goods.
As unfortunate as it sounds, that is the truth.

For Danny to be able to get back to what he was at the end of last season
would take such a large turn of events that its not funny. Being traded to a
team such as the Raptors will not do his value any good whatsoever as he is
not going to get many more minutes than what he got with the Celts. He will
quite likely get traded to a team such as the Lakers where his value will not
be maximized once again. If he does get dealt to the Lakers then everybody
will be saying "Yes, but without Shaquille O'Neal there to help him, Danny
Fortson is really going to struggle".

As far as Alvin Williams, I cannot believe that some of you who were praising
him previously haven't given him a chance now that we've got him. Lets wait
and see what the guy can do. At minimum, we've got ourselves a 6'5" point
guard with defensive intangibles that we were lacking before which has now
made our previous backup point guard, Dana Barros expendable with a year
remaining on his contract.

There will be quite a few teams looking to off-load contracts at the end of
the season just as there were at the beginning of this one for a crack at the
best free agents, sure, their may not be a Duncan or a Hill, but there is a
few marquee players that may be available such as Chris Webber, Michael Finley
and Dikembe Mutombo.

Pervis Ellison is also likely to be traded before the deadline, hopefully
bringing in a big man to play the minutes that Fortson was getting. If we can
get an experienced rebounder (such as a Mark Bryant) then I'd be satisfied
with the second unit.

Come on guys, Fortson was only playing 15 mpg its not as if we've traded Paul
Pierce and Antoine Walker for a pair of second round draft picks.