Weighing in on Fortson, Leon Smith...

I hope the Leon gets out of Dallas before Rodman shows up...
Yes, RP might be just the guy to manage him. Since we're
getting so much of the downside of having a college coach,
it would be nice to get the upside for a change.

Re Fortson: I love the Fort, and like many, can't believe RP
can't figure out how to integrate him on this team.
Pots just isn't that good a rebounder. If Antoine is to be our
true PF, he needs to be consistent on the glass and stay off
the perimeter or we are going to get killed inside (like when
VP got three boards the other night).

I look at a frontcourt of Fortson, Pots, and Pierce,
add a scoring 2G like Larry Hughes to be the other
scorer...  Both Pots and Fort can score when needed,
esp. if the PG is looking for them.

Don't underestimate what a rebounder like Fortson adds
to the game - ball control for one, and a rip-roaring attitude
in the paint for another.

Now trading for Jerome Williams would be OK - Auerbach
wanted him back when, and the kid is another fierce dude
on the boards.  Laettner, no way.  Well, if I try to be open
minded, he could be a great 6th or 7th man...

 --Ellie