Re: basketball fees

John,

You're pretty much spot on in that basketball is a secondary sport, it used to be
among the top sports, but our administration screwed up so badly that hardly anyone
goes anymore, to find someone to actually go (that hasn't gone before and doesn't
know the sport) is extremely hard, much moreso than the Aussie Rules - for example
you get "oh, but basketball sucks - for basketball, and - Oh, wow Aussie Rules, I
wonder what that will be like"....

I'd say that the two big football codes, Aussie Rules and League (union is
considered very much an upper class, private school boy sport), cricket, swimming,
hockey, athletics and now with the emergance of Mark Phillippoussis, Pat Rafter and
Lleyton Hewitt, tennis is getting a good chance as well.

Sports such as basketball, soccer, baseball and other Olympic sports are fighting
eachother for whatever is left of the pie which isn't all that much.

As far as you're ending "in order to recieve my daily intake of basketball talk and
discussion. over here (in Ireland) theres only a few die-hards that want to
play/watch and generally be involved in basketball and for this privilege we have to
pay quite a lot of cash!!!!!!! like they say money makes the world go
around!!!!!!!!!!" is pretty much spot on also on my end, a few die-hards who gather
around to go to games and so forth, much of which is spent watching Ben Pepper's
team (nice game on the weekend against the #1 team; third game back after injury -
8pts and 8rebs would be my estimation coming off the bench).

Oh and John, hows Jim Stynes' (big Irishmen who played for Melbourne in the AFL,
former gaelic footballer) brother playing in the Gaelic football?

Sorry to those not interested due to the off topicness of the post.