> > Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:15:45 +0800
> > From: kevin lok <kevin.lok@lycosmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: Subject: RE: Re. How about Glen Rice?
> >
> > Isn't it funny and ironic? Why do we want to trade and we ourselves could
> use "a true banger and rebounder who does not demand the ball on offense."
> >
> > my money's is on battie/pervis/barros being on the trading block now.
> Fort's name on the rumour mill and lack of playing time is just negotiation
> tactics on his next contract. That's how I see it.
> >
> > kevin

Hey Thomas,

I guess I'm wrong. I think it is really about money and salary budget, nothing
to do with Fortson being foul prone. Today's Blazer's game had Walker with
fouls, yet Pitino did not put Fort in. Fort could have played more than 16min
becos he was getting rebounds and the put back (and the foul and the FTs).

http://www.bostonherald.com/bostonherald/sport/cnotes02072000.htm
Fortson on the block
Pitino admitted what's been reported lately, that the Celts are looking hard at
moving Danny Fortson.
``It's a mutual thing,'' Pitino said. ``If he's not going to get playing time,
I can totally understand why he'd want to be traded. And if we can't get him
playing time, it behooves us to trade him. It's something that's been a
difficult situation because Antoine's played so well, and we haven't really
been able to play Antoine at the three spot (Pitino wanted to get him 8-12
minutes a game there, but Walker hasn't proved viable at the position).
``We've either got to get (Fortson) more minutes or he's not going to be a
happy person, and rightfully so,'' Pitino said. ``You can't blame him. It's his
contract year. And I'm not sure we could even sign him for what their asking
price would be.''
After playing just 27 minutes in the last four games combined, Fortson was in
for 16 last night. He had eight rebounds and six points (all from the line).
``I thought he played a good game,'' said Pitino. ``I thought he took the ball
to the hole strong. He got eight rebounds in 16 minutes. That's what we needed,
and that's why he played.''