RE: D'Alessandro

Great posts from Alex, Jim and Joe.

I think Joe really put his finger on it when he said "D'Alessandro is a big
Pitino fan who went out on a limb saying he'd succeed so he's just trying
to stay consistent rather than flip flop and bash a fellow Italo-American."

Once again, any shortcoming in "project Pitino" is shifted entirely onto
the shoulders of the player(s). How unfortunate that the players can stick
around for more than 4 years now, better move 'em out. . . folks may begin
to catch on! Even when Pitino "defends" a player, the coaching staff ends
up "winning" because all the attention is focused on player performance
rather than what they are asked to perform. This Twon "being tired" thing
is a classic example - who can blame Twon, what player wouldn't want to
play 48 every night? But the point SHOULD be that it's not the player's job
to "pick their spots" - that's the coaching staff's job.

Twon's had a few games where perhaps he has tried to do too much, but who
is telling/yelling that he can/needs to try and do it? Yet once again Twon
is the scapegoat because he's so "uncontrollable", "young" and "immature".
I think that a lot of this stuff is actually attributable to Twon's relying
on cues that come from his boss. D'Alessandro does have a point insofar as
it is hard at times to root for Twon (particularly with Heinsohn going off:
"He's unstoppable" or "I love it when he gets down low and spread
wide"?!?), but why is that? Who's been his "mentor" for the last 5 out of 6
years?

And D'Alessandro's pandering, a$$sucking blather "That's because Boston
fans are smarter than most. . ." is beyond comment.

-TomM