Re: D'Alessandro

I also regard the D'Alessandro article to be a zero research cut&paste job,
with only one quotable source (Hardaway) backing up his assumptions. It's a
shame we couldn't get away with that stuff on high school and college papers.
In fairness, D'Alessandro is a big Pitino fan who went out on a limb saying
he'd succeed so he's just trying to stay consistent rather than flip flop and
bash a fellow Italo-American.

Ergo the Celts' league worst defense in terms of FG% allowed is not a
contributing reason for our team being 5-games under .500. Rather, it is
principally because we are saddled with a selfish, stats-inflated player whom
we are desperate to unload because he'll never contribute to a winning
program.

D'Alessandro's timing is way off in making the "Antoine is an uncoachable
jerk" assumption a nationally publicized concern. If he looked at Antoine's
last six weeks of play, he'd see a very different player from the guy  he
chooses to scapegoat based on how he disappointed us in the Spurs game eons
ago (over 4 assists, finally over 8 rebounds again, and frankly a
surprisingly consistent minimum 8 field goals or so from game to game).

In the end, articles of this sort are a net positive for the Celtics, to the
degree that they help make Antoine even MORE prematurely untradable until the
day he hopefully develops into a solid play-making power forward or great
rebounding point forward (take your pick). On the other hand, this article
really helps firm up the resolve of people who go to games to boo Walker and
cheer for Jason Williams. Boston fans love to be told how intelligent they
are.

*****