Amen, Paul

Paul M. wrote:

"Really quickly because I have to go to stink'n work...but Antoine Walker is
hardly "the problem" or even "a problem" on this team. Look at last
nights's game and this is the kind of "problem" that Pat Riley and a lot of
other coaches would love to have. Look at this team's bench. Game after
game after game this team's bench just sucks. This is the most unproductive
bench in the NBA. Somebody needs to come in off the bench one day and score
in double figures. Somebody needs to come in and make you think he
shouldn't be immediately taken out because they're simply useless. This
team has five NBA players and the rest are simply pathetic, including
Fortson who is simply unwatchable and who, along with his Denver buddy
Battie is useless. Barros is gone. Cheaney was never any good and he
continues to prove his worth. Aside from the starters this team has
nothing. On their best games these guys still stink it up and would never
see a minute on good teams. When I think they've played well, it's all
relative. They still suck. OK....Jesus....all better."

Amen. I think the numbers last night were 10/15 shooting, 26 points from
Miami's bench, compared to 4/15, 14 points from the Celts. And that's with
Adrian coming off the bench instead of Cheaney. Antoine misses
fourth-quarter FTs. Well, he's played almost the entire game the last two
nights, he had to be exhausted. The people who criticize Walker for this and
Pitino for not "just taking him out" are the same people who hammer Pitino
when he takes out someone with the hot hand. This team needs DEPTH. Heard a
rumor of Fortson, McCarty and Barros for Larry Johnson and Ric Brunson.  I'm
no fan of LJ's but he'd at least give us another legit NBA player, something
we desperately need right now.

One more thing: Does anyone else imagine Peter May and Michael Holley, desks
side by side, with a line painted between them? Holley with his Walker
posters and jerseys hanging from his walls, May with Paul Pierce posters
hanging from his. These guys must have some heated discussions over the
water cooler.

Mark