2nd Rant of the day

WEEI starts the "A-Team" show with all the troubled
Athletes making headlines, (Rae Curruth, Ray Lewis)
and promptly lumps Antoine in there with that bunch.
Infuriated me so much I had to fire this off to them,
hope they have to guts to read it on-air.
I am SO sick of all the Boston Media getting all over
Antoine Walker. What is your beef with this kid? Does
he threaten you all? Has the Walker Wiggle gotten
inside your head and bothered you so much that you
have to trash him at every opportunity? Maybe his shot
selection at times is questionable, but can anyone
question his desire to win? No one can do that. He's
made improvements to his game...sure he missed some
key foul shots last night, but has anyone in the
Boston media even bothered to mention that he's
improved his free throw percentage by almost 15 points
over last year? No. He's cut down signifigantly on his
outside shots, and focused more on being down low,
where he dominates. Last night he took some outside
shots, but he had also played 47 minutes last night
after playing about the same the night before in
Indiana. It is so rediculous that the fans and media
in Boston have to keep being down on him. I haven't
figured it out. About the shot last night. All I can
say is that if Larry Bird had taken that shot, the
media would be saying what a "gutsy" shot it was.
Going for the win instead of the tie. Wow, Larry
really wants to win...Antoine takes it, and its "so
incredibly stupid...the Celtics should cut their
losses and trade him" What utter nonesense. Antoine
has already won several games with last second shots
and I'd rather have him taken that shot than anyone
else on that roster. Even Pierce.

When he talks to the media, he comes across as Quiet,
soft spoken, thoughtful, he says the rights things, he
seems to try avoid the cliche-ridden phrases that all
other athletes reply on, his body isn't covered with
tatoos like it seems 70% of the NBA is. He wants to
win, he's not the ego-maniac he's made out to be, When
Pierce was out with injury recently, he mentioned in
the paper that it was going to be tough playing
"without our best player". Hacks like Peter May seem
to have an inate dislike for him and it shows in their
writing. How professional. Even in his best games
there has to be a few shots taken at him by the press.
I'm so sick of this. You all are going to drive the
kid out of town and he will come back to haunt you
all. Mark my words. He will burn you.

Hey, you notice I didn't mention the fact that he's
only 23 years old?