Re: Celtics Notebook/by Steve Bulpett

>``What you have to understand is, yeah, he may take an ill-advised shot,
>he may miss the free throws,''

unfortunately these came in crunch time, when they really mean something.

>Pitino said after losing his second game
>in two nights by a combined five points. ``The guy's exhausted. He
>played his (expletive deleted) off (Tuesday) night (in Indiana). He
>played 47 minutes (last night). He's going to make some mistakes because
>of fatigue. Fatigue makes cowards of anyone.

Then take him out and rest him.  I know people are going to say he need s to
be in there, maybe so.  But, if the is too tired and can't hit shots or free
throws he needs to be rested more.

>``He's going to make mistakes and he knows when he makes them.The effort
>that he has given for the Boston Celtics is flat out extraordinary -
>unbelievable.

The problem is he keeps making the same mistakes.  Wandering too far from the
paint, hoisting up (as Ricky P. says) ill-timed shots.  I also think another
part of the problem for Walker is that Pitino rarely criticizes(sp) him.  He
will take others to task, but always seem to be making excuses for Walker.
(shape, maturity, etc.).  The fans may be getting tired of this.

All this said.  My personal feeling on Walker this year is - when he stays on
the blocks he produces very well, when he stray, well you know.  I think as a
power forward, he should continue to work on his signature spin move, develope
a baby hook or a second move.  Continue working on his passing from the post,
rebounding and learn to play defense.  A lot of this could be said about the
other players in their positions, and it would be true.  They all need to work
on their games.

Rich,,,