Re: Lose 2 Ps

At 09:05 PM 12/17/00 -0800, John Lyell wrote:
>Give this guy some credit. How many players would even be playing after what
>he went through ? I take Paul Pierce over Sleep Walker any day. PP can play
>the 2 or 3 spots. Walker has not shown he can play the 3 or 4 spots.

There's a bit more to talent evaluation than "can play the 2 or 3". Guys
without a clear natural position can still be good. Not too long ago, you
could have said "Iverson has not shown he can play the 1 or 2 spots." You
have to work harder and be more specific to make this a convincing argument.

>unfortunately with the salary situations if a trade is made before the
>deadline it is highly unlikely Walker will be involved due to the BYC.
>Would anyone go for a  Brand, Mercer, and Crawford for  Walker, Pierce, and
>Moiso package ?

Wouldn't this just be trading the core of our terrible 9-win team for the
core of an even worse 3-win team? It won't get us under the cap either.

Alex