Stuck, "in the mud."

Title: Stuck, "in the mud."
   Hardly a revelation, but it just kind of snuck up on me today and thought I would get it down in print before it flew out the window.
   Nothing Pitino has done since he arrived, has worked, to alter the winning percentage of the team, not for better, not for worse.
   Most of his moves were made to fill obvious weaknesses.
   We needed a veteran point guard; we got Kenny Anderson
   We needed some muscle; we got Vitaly.
   We needed a shot blocker; we got Battie.
   We needed a post player who could get to the line; we got Eric Williams.
   We needed a slasher, scorer,  2/3, with range, who could defend; we got Pierce.
   We needed some veteran depth; we got Stith and Brown.
   We needed some scoring off the bench; we got Chris Carr.
   We needed depth at point guard; we got Brown and Herren.
   If you think these guys should have helped,  the winning % has not jumped a notch. If you think they were bad moves, the team hasn't fallen to the bottom level. We are about where we were when Rick started tinkering, after that first roster explosion.
  In the meantime we have rid ourselves of obvious cap cloggers; Dee Brown, Pervis, and Barros and useless baggage; Andrew DeClerq andTravis Knight. Greg Minor who is injured was nothing remarkable, Tyus Edney and John Thomas, who I liked, are barely in the league.
   From that first training camp, all we have left are Walker and McCarty. We gave up only Billups and Mercer that played on that first team, that any of us might like back
   Just for fun; here's a box score from that season: 11/26/97 Wednesday - LA Lakers 118 @ Boston 103. A Shaq-less Lakers handled us easily. Note our shooting % as opposed to theirs.
   It's hard to beleive that anyone; Pitino, anyone; could try so many things and not have any positive or negative effect.

JB
--

Unchain My Heart!