I disagree...

"(Just for the record, the Celts will lose by 20 tonight and get booed out
of the building. The countdown has begun on the Mike Jarvis Era...)"

The C's actually have a consistent pattern to their behavior. It goes
something like this:

1) Win a game or two, look pretty good.
2) Get cocky, Start thinking they're all that...think they're good
3) Lose pathetically a game or few games they should really win
4) Get pissed off, come back start trying again

According to my theory, they are now due to go into phase 4. Unless of
course, they continue in the phase 3 for another game, but I believe they
will enter phase 4 tonight and beat up on the Kings...a pretty darn good
team.

I was also glad to see you giving Antoine his props for this season. I
cannot believe the free ride Pierce has gotten. Tommy has pointed out
numerous times that Pierce simply drifts, doesn't get back on D, whines
about calls, and just doesn't get it. Antoine hasn't had those phases this
year. I didn't think he mailed it in Wednesday either, he was pissed during
that game. Even Max noted it while on WEEI yesterday. He basically said
everyone but 'Toine gave up and mailed it in in that game. It amazes me that
still the ignorant callers on WEEI call Pierce the "best player on the team"
and say Antoine is a bum. Ain't so. Antoine is the heart of the team. He's
grown into his role as captain, and is maturing. He is the best hope for
this franchise. I defended him to you last season, and you were ready to get
him out. You infuriated me this summer with all your "Wouldn't Antoine look
good in a  _________ uniform?" crap. I think Pierce should be traded, if
anyone. He's insolent, doesn't buy into Pitino's coaching, and is visably
rebelliant against the coach...who no matter how bad a job he might be
doing, is still the coach. Antoine is still in Pitino's corner, and that's
important. Antoine's got loyalty. I truly believe he wants to bring the C's
back to contention, he's stated many times that he wants to be here. Haven't
heard that from Pierce. I think Pierce might bolt in 2 years if he's able.
Antoine has come to understand the Celtic tradition, I don't think the rest
of the guys do. Randy Brown might, Bryant Stith, Chris Herren, these guys
know and understand what the Celtics once meant. The rest of the guys? I
doubt it. Tony Battie didn't even know Tommy had coached this team, I bet he
still doesn't know he's in the Hall of Fame as a player. Do you think any of
those other guys can look up into the banners and name off the players that
go with the numbers? I think the guys I mentioned could. Not the rest of
'em.

This turned out to be much longer than I intended...I don't think I made a
point, either. Oh well.

Bruce