My take on a couple things

----- Original Message ----- From: bird <birdw@aloha.net>

> ...Nor did I think that we would necessarily beat Chicago --
> last year's team proved that.  Still, it _was_ just one game (I may
> be a homer, I guess, but I can still count) -- no matter how you
> slice it, it's still one game.

The problem is, though, that it was _not_ "just one game".  It was the
Philly game, too, and that Vancouver game.  That's three games out of 21.
That's not good.  Most of the games I've watched, I've been pretty happy
with, even the losses.  But one game in seven where the team is simply flat
and lifeless is far too much for a team of this talent level.  It's far more
than we've been seeing for the last three years.

----- Original Message ----- From: Mark Berry

> Anyway, let's get on with it. A coaching change isn't going to make a big
difference with these
> players, but the sooner Pitino leaves, the sooner the organization can
move on with a wholesale
> rebuilding effort.

I'm not so sure this is true.  If Rick walked tomorrow, who would take over
as coach?  Jim O'Brien?  Who would be GM?  ML?  Probably.  ML might coach
too.  I have no problem with Gaston starting to line up potential coaches
and GM's now, but I can't see how anything concrete can happen before the
end of the year.  Whoever took over would be a caretaker and no real
rebuilding should start until the real GM is in place.

Jim