Re: HUMILIATING!

Title: Re: HUMILIATING!
on 12/14/00 3:43 PM, Cecil Wright at cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca wrote:

Then accept them for what they are, not who the Celtics used to be.  Like
Barkley said, the team ain't that good right now, but neither were the
Sixers a short time ago.  A couple veterans later, different story.

Cecil
   Given that the draft next season is loaded with centers, but that most, if not all of them, may be two or thre years away from being major factors in the league, would you trade the pick(s) now, to try and get over that playoff hump?
   I checked trade scenarios for the "over the hill" Ojajuwon(and Maurice Taylor) and his 17 million salary makes a trade  unlikely, even for Antoine, Williams and Vitaly, until Antoine loses his base year status.
   Who is out there that would be worth trading for at center? Would Lorenzen Wright be the guy that plays hard every night, like say Charles Oakley, who was traded for Camby and really is the glue for Toronto?
   We are lucky to have Stith. Most players with winning attitudes play for winning teams and they don't get traded. Finding a player on a losing team with the right attitude is the key right now.   Obviously we can't trade Walker or Pierce for less than all-star material,the Bulls game showed what happens to this team when Walker and Pierce both have bad games, so we don't have much more than Vitaly and the picks to send.
   I think that's the thing that impresses me about Philladelphia and Larry Brown. He wasn't afraid to trade emerging talents to get journeymen, once he determined that the younger players were selfish or not inclined to play defense.
JB
--

Unchain My Heart!