Re: The post

In message <B65C2BF9.313%JBMetzEA@AOL.com>, Jim Metz said:

> No one has commented on aquiring Olajawon. I like Lorenzen Wright, but
> "Hakeem the Dream" actually has an unstoppable move in the pivot.

I think "had" is a better word than "has" in this sentence.  A local writer
had a great line:  "Hakeem has a hard time getting up and down the court with
that pitchfork sticking out of his back."  As much as I respect Olajuwan for
his past accomplishments, he is done.

Unless the Celtics could get him for McCarty, I would pass.

> I checked
> his last four games and he just about averaged a double double with 3 blocks
> in about 24 minutes.

This is the result of a small sample size.  For the season, he is averaging
10.0 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.29 blocks per game, all career
lows.  He is 38 years old and seems to be losing it very fast.

> This is the player that could make us a feared presence in the league. He
> wants to play a few more seasons and the reports out of Houston are that
> they dread having to deal with that.

Let someone else dread dealing with it.  Better them than the Celtics.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@falcon.stortek.com