Pitino's worst/best moves.

Title: Pitino's worst/best moves.
   Rick has made many personel moves since coming to the Celtics. Imho, he took a dead-assed 15 win team, brought in some enthusiastic and talented players and raised them to the level of mediocre. With the aqusition of veterans; Stith and Brown, this year, we may have the  potential to become contenders in the east.
   Only Antoine remains from that 15 win team. Pitino has brought in Pierce, Eric Williams, Battie and Griffen, hardly anyone complains about those players. The real controversy has surrounded Kenny Anderson and Vitaly Potapenko.
   Pitino decided, correctly in my opinion, that he needed a veteran point guard and a strong center. He would have appeared to have aquired the best available. Unfortunaty neither aquisition has improved the won/lost record and Andre Miller is playing well in Cleveland, while Chauncy Billups has won a job (as a shooting guard) in Minnesotta.
   In the end, I think Pitino's regime will be footnoted with the performance of these two players and I think their performances are entwined. I am looking for Anderson to improve now (no one will benfit more from Stith and Brown than Kenny), game by game and bring Vitaly's offense back, with his (Kenny's) penetrations and dishes. Otherwise, we can get the tombstone engraved.

JB

Unchain My Heart!