Re: Screwed!!

>I making the playoffs in the 7th or 8th spot only to lose in the first round
>really the accomplishment we expected this far into Pitino's regime ?  I
>expected us to be a lot more competitive, and to have lured some top free
>agents, but I guess that was dream.

Yeah, I'd say it was.  I do think that a lot of people _did_ think
we'd be further on.  I don't know; after the second season, I really
began to seriously think that the restructuring of this team into a
good team would take longer.  I still do.  Right now, making the
playoffs and being swept sounds pretty damn appealing.  At least they
would have made the dance.  Most teams lose their first playoff
series after being out of the playoffs for years, after all.

>Maybe tomorrow's game will tell us if we are mediocre, or we do suck.

I guess I don't think one game will tell us either way.  They can
lose to the Clipps and then turn around and beat a good team, or have
a good season.  It's the nature of the beast.  At the end of the
season -- that's when we'll really know.

Regards,

Bill, the Celtics "Tird"