Re: Screwed!!

>I have to side with Troy on this one.  We lose too many games that we should
>win.  7-9 equates to something like what 35-47. If this happens Pitino is
>gone.

Sure, we lose games we should win.  There's a big difference between
that and saying the team "sucks".  I'll tell you who sucks: the
Clipps, the Bulls, the Hawks, and teams of that nature.  We're just
mediocre.  Of course, being mediocre is no picnic, either, but how
realistic is saying that we only have two players on the team?  We
are what we are -- the team's not going to win 50 games, probably,
but it won't lose 50, either.  Even if they did, I'm not just going
to take the word of people that they will, at this point in the
season.  What really sucks around here is people's ability to
prognosticate (mine included).  7-9 might "equate" to 40-42 just as
easily as 35-47 -- and frankly both of those might be good enough to
get the team in the playoffs, the way the East is this year (though
the later record _would_ be a big reach).  And, please, there's so
many scenarios for if Imperator Rick is gone that they really make my
head swim: he's gone if they don't make the playoffs, he's gone if
they don't improve by January, he's gone anyway, he's just gone --
whatever.  I'm beginning not to care.

Anyway, point being if you think the team sucks, you're entitled to
your opinion.   Just saying that if I found myself continually
bashing the team to other people, or myself, I'd begin to question
whether I was a fan at all.  Plus, on this list, you get a lot of
folks who call the season over before it even officially begins.  I
prefer to watch the games and see how they turn out.

Regards,

Bill