Re:

The game in Philly where they didn't call the foul on Pierce at the end. I
would consider that a "rob" since he was fouled twice on the play and once it
was totally obvious and it definitely affected the outcome of the game. I
mean, you can miss the charges and illegal defenses and call 3 seconds
inconsistantly and that can be attributed to a ref's discretion. But to make
a nocall on a obvious hack on a guy going to the basket at the end of the
game that affects the outcome, that's just stealing...

DJessen33

<< >From: DJessen33@aol.com

 >We didn't get robbed by the refs. However, we didn't get the hometown calls.

 Couldn't you say that, since we _were_ the hometown team, we
 should've gotten those calls, and thus, we were robbed?  (Well, maybe
 "robbed" should be reserved for really important, obvious,
 playoff-caliber ref thefts.)  Sure would like to see the refs call a
 game for the hometown C's like they did for the hometown Sixers a few
 games back, though.

 Regards,

 Bill -- Celtics "Tird" >>