Holley piece

Sorry, I don't see all this flap about Holley's "pro-Walker" piece.  He
writes an article from one perspective -- that of Walker.  He could also
write another one about Walker's frustrating inconsistency, his lack of
conditioning, and that would also be a good read.  Remember Bob Ryan's
"anti-walker" piece last year that drew almost as much criticism?  But this
piece points out how stressful it is on Walker (and on any athlete) to see
one's name being dangled in trade rumors day after day.  Hell, if I heard
that I might be transferred from my worksite to another, and those rumors
went on for two years, I'd be stressing, too.  If someone wants to write an
article about Doug's stress over job uncertainty, feel free.  And that says
nothing at all about whether such a trade or transfer is a good idea or a bad
one.  The fact that he would like to stay?  Well, yeah, that's nice, but is
it groundbreaking journalism?  Not really.  The article also says that he has
some endearing habits and the like, like doing kids' clinics.  That's nice,
but not exactly Pulitzer stuff.
     I mean, how much else is there to say about the guy?  Hasn't it all been
said about 100 times?  But it helps sell papers.  And keeps electronic
bulletin boards in business.
   You want a well-rounded, objective piece that covers all angles?  Wait for
the biography.  In the meantime, this is the height of off-season, when no
news is news.
 - Doug