Re: Suggestion: trade Hot Rod Williams to Cavs

--- Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org> wrote: >
>     Also the "Calfs" have a wealth of perimeter
> shooters, something
> Boston lacks. Lamond Murray, Trajan Langdon and Wes
> Person are probably
> affordable journeymen who can have a tangible impact
> on our team.

no, I don't think they are "affordable". Lamond is on
7year/30mil (I think), Trajan on rookie scale which I
don't see Cavs giving up (they are in rebuilding mode
it seems) and Person is a cap killer (40 mil/6 year).
I think we can solve our SG problem by having
Griffin/Cheaney/Pierce shoot 500 shots per day from
now on.

Remember, we are owned by Gaston, not Allen.

 The knee surgery to Brevin
> Knight might mean
> Cleveland would be willing to take on one of our
> veterans to back up
> Andre Miller.

they have signed Bimbo Coles to the 4 year / 10mil
contract recently. I think they knew b4 hand about
Brevin surgery b4 inking Bimbo.

>     p.s. For the life of me, I don't know why the
> Cavs would trade Ringo
> for the 6-7 overachiever Matt Harpring.

Cavs' cancers excised by determined Wittman
BROWN'S TOWN
Wednesday, August 16, 2000
ROGER BROWN
PLAIN DEALER COLUNMNIST
<snip>
Sources suggest Wittman's voice has been quite loud,
behind the scenes, in the recent trades involving
ex-Cavs Bob Sura and Andrew DeClercq - and in possible
ones involving current players Shawn Kemp and Brevin
Knight. They say that, to varying degrees, all four
players were cancers on last season's team - and
obstacles to Wittman’s leadership that he clearly has
no intention of working around this year.
Sura and Knight moaned constantly about their roles,
while DeClercq was a head case who irritated teammates
with his constant moodiness off the court - and
frequent brain cramps on it.
<snip>

I would be moody too, if you played your heart out
everynight and see your highest paid teammate just
going thru the motions (Shawn Kemp)

cheers
kevin (joe, what is your other email address?)