Re: Suggestion: trade Hot Rod Williams to Cavs

    Thanks for that info, Kevin. I meant "affordable" as in low
trade-value (e.g. no need here to offer Pierce, Antoine and three first
rounders like Jermaine O'Neil is worth in some people's minds) but I
didn't realize the cap baggage they would bring, which is very
pertinent.

    As for Griffin, Cheaney and company just needing extra practice, I
believe that a great shooting eye is a lot like pro golf or billiards or
hitting a curveball. You can't just decide you want to be great at it
(no matter how much more athletic you are than those who do it
professionally). Practice will get you to a certain level but, in the
end, great shooting is just as much an innate talent as dunking.

    I think everyone in the world is capable of shooting near 70% on
freethrows if they took enough practice shots per day (so  pros have no
excuse not to). But shooting over 90% every year like Bird or Ainge
isn't just a matter of practice, no matter how much we justifiably
applaud their determination and work ethic.

----